Coboat is a coworking space sailing around the world. A coworking space is about location (√), space, design (√) and community.
This is where we need you: We are looking for a for a chef with the ability to plan and prepare mouthwatering meals and to join our crew of four (skipper, chef, deck-hand).
Tasks at Coboat include:
It will be important to provide quality meals – including vegetarian – that are also tasty and healthy. Both crew members and passengers will also expect some variety in the menu.
- You will be responsible for all guest and crew food, three meals a day (buffet style for breakfast and lunch), seven days a week. You will also be responsible for galley cleaning, including all of the cooking utensils, pots and pans, menu planning, provisioning and research.
- The chef should know how to stretch the budget and do a lot within a limited amount of space and equipment and tools. You will do your own provisioning and preparation work.
- Planning the menus of three meals a day while the ship is (mostly) sailing
- Preparing a shopping list to a budget set by the captain
- Ensuring that all food will fit in the galley and stay fresh while at sea (2-3 weeks)
What’s in it for you?
We offer a rewarding job with travel to exotic places and cultures, a great on board community, as well as amazing activities, snorkeling, diving and spectacular sunsets.
We will provide food and accommodation as well as a salary of 1.000 €/month on a freelance basis.
Since Coboat is a social business (non-profit) this job is about passion, learning and sharing while making new friends sailing around the world.
What we are looking for?
You are excited to work in a collaborative floating environment. You are a creative thinker and develop new approaches. You are self-motivated with a flexible approach since you will be a highly self-managed person.
You have good organizational skills and are able to see what needs to get done and make it happen without the need for daily guidance.
You should be available immediately (Jun 11th),English speaking, stay at least for 3 months (shore/boat); our journey will start in Greece on the 11th of June. Later on we will sail the Mediterranean, & the Caribbean sea as South East Asia.
Interested? Submit your application (CV, photo, country of issue of passport) and any available certificates (STCW Basic Safety Training, ENG1, Food & Hygiene Certificate or similar)to email@example.com explaining why you should be our Chef, why you are interested in the role, and the skills & experiences you bring to Coboat and community building.
The Coboat team is looking forward to hear from you!